Modern Instructional and Communication Consulting and Training for High School and College Faculty
While becoming a tenured member of the faculty at Roosevelt University, I started helping other members of the faculty understand and use modern instructional and communication technologies. I came to Roosevelt University with extensive teaching and information technology experience. I directed the Academic Computer Facility at Roosevelt for several years while I taught undergraduate and graduate courses (in chemistry).
I went to college to become a professor and to teach. (I graduated from two of the top universities, University of Chicago and UCSD, and studied with and learned from some very bright people.) I taught chemistry at San Diego City College (while in graduate school) and at Roosevelt University (as an assistant then associate professor) but left Roosevelt University to focus on teaching faculty (usually in one-on-one situations) to understand and selectively use modern instructional and communication technologies in their classrooms and online. Unlike many professors, I have also become very familiar with learning theories and their application to education.
I have always enjoyed helping others learn and understand. I have helped faculty at Roosevelt University, Northern Illinois University, Saint Xavier University, and University of Illinois at Chicago improve their teaching and learning. I regularly receive praise from the people with whom I work. I expect that you will find me as many people do: down to earth, accessible, knowledgeable, and very helpful.
I can help you design and develop course content using:
- Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel, and OneNote
- Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, and InDesign
- SoftChalk and Respondus
- Adobe Presenter, iSpring Presenter, Adobe Captivate, and Prezi
- Techsmith Camtasia Studio, Camtasia for Mac, SnagIt, and Jing
- Apple iMovie and Windows Movie Maker
- Adobe After Effects, Edge Animate, Premier Pro, and Premier Elements
- Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Lightroom, and Photoshop Elements
- iCloud, Google, Box, Dropbox, and other online storage services
- Blackboard Learn and Course Sites, Canvas, Moodle, Google Class, or other learning management services
- WordPress and other web services
I usually work with teachers in one of the local libraries (Geneva, Saint Charles, Batavia, West Chicago, and Waubonsee CC) or in one of the local coffee shops in 50 minute sessions between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I work in only one location on any particular day.
I also produce in-service training for groups of teachers at schools.
If you would like to meet with me for an introductory, exploration session, please contact me.
We can arrange a single session or a series of sessions.
You can arrange sessions by filling in the form below: